Daniel Franke wrote:
Hi all.

I got gcc-4.4.4 for target i386-apple-darwin9.8.0 from fink. First I used cmake-2.6 (also from fink) and everything worked. Later, after an update to cmake-2.8 (again, from fink), and trying to rebuild my package, I got:

        f951: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"

As far as I can tell, "-arch" is not an option of FSF GCC. However, the GCC docs mention:

FSF gcc does recognize -arch. But the fortran compiler does not. There you have to use -m32 or -m64.

cmake-2.8 introduced indeed some "improved" compiler and linker flags for MacOSX that are rather annoying for Fink builds, which do neither fat builds nor cross-compiling. You can get rid of some of them by using the cmake flags

 -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:STRING=""
 -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:PATH="/"

Maybe this helps with your problem, too.

--
Martin