On 06/11/2010 12:14 PM, Torri, Stephen CIV NSWCDD, W15 wrote:
From: cmake-boun...@cmake.org on behalf of Ryan Pavlik
Sent: Fri 6/11/2010 12:34 PM
To: cmake@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] How to install a shared library on a windows system

Stephen,

The catch is that windows searches for the DLL at runtime in specific
locations: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18%28VS.80%29.aspx
I see that it searches the directories listed in the PATH variable. How can you
tell CPACK to just always install itself to the PATH variable instead of asking?
You generally don't want to put your install directory in the PATH environment variable system-wide (or install to c:\windows\system32): you'll probably either want to a: install a launcher script that appends to the path at run time (see my other recent mailing list post), or b: use something like my example so your dll ends up in the same directory as your exe.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student