On 06/14/2010 05:00 PM, Andreas Mohr wrote:

Frankly the entire distinction between CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES
and CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE remains one of the more confusing things,
as can be witnessed in several confused postings about this topic.
(but I'm afraid that's just the way it is - there's nothing to be
improved about these mechanisms since they're likely just doing what they
should)

The biggest annoyment I have with CMake is the fact the the makefile generators don't support building multiple configurations in the same build tree. Not sure if it would be practical to fix, though.

--
Jesper Eskilson
Developer