Hi Stefan,

  Yes, I¹ve done this sort of thing with Lua (which is built as part of our
code), but I¹d prefer to do this with CMake to avoid the extra headache of
maintaining my code.  I suspect it¹s just a few lines (but knowing the right
few lines is the key).

Thanks,
-dan

On 6/15/10 4:33 PM, "Stefan Buschmann" <s_buschm...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 15.06.2010 23:13, schrieb Daniel Blezek:
>>  Converting a OpenCL program into a C++ header? Hi,
>>
>>   We would like to convert an OpenCL program written in a separate file to a
>> C++ header (essentially a long string).
>>
>> For example, if my OpenCL program is in the file Square.cl
>>
>> __kernel square(
>>    __global float* input,
>>    __global float* output,
>>    const unsigned int count)
>> {
>>    int i = get_global_id(0);
>>    if(i < count)
>>        output[i] = input[i] * input[i];
>> }
>>
>> I¹d like to turn it into something like this in Square.h:
>>
>> const char *KernelSource = "\n" \
>> "__kernel square(                                                       \n" \
>> "   __global float* input,                                              \n" \
>> "   __global float* output,                                             \n" \
>> "   const unsigned int count)                                           \n" \
>> "{                                                                      \n" \
>> "   int i = get_global_id(0);                                           \n" \
>> "   if(i < count)                                                       \n" \
>> "       output[i] = input[i] * input[i];                                \n" \
>> "}                                                                      \n" \
>> "\n";
>>
>> So that my OpenCL code can be directly compiled into my executable.  This is
>> also useful for OpenGL shaders.
>>
>> The question: is this something that CMake could do?  If so, any examples
>> where to begin looking?
>>
> You could write a little application that reads in the source file and
> generates the header file just as in your example. Then you could use CMake to
> execute that application e.g. using add_custom_command() before building your
> executables that include the generated header files. You could even build the
> tool itself as a dependency first.
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> Stefan

> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.dan...@mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic