Hi,

I'm trying to invoke the C compiler in cmake as would happen with an
add_excecutable command, but I don't want to generate an object file. Basically
I have a script which generates a c file, I want to compile that file in the
environment I've set up, while passing the -S flag. I then want to run that .s
file through another script to generate a header which will then be a
dependency of my main executable. Doing the scripts is easy with
add_custom_target, and I'm sure I could write all the magic to generate the
full compile command line myself, but isn't there some elegant way to generate
the a single compiler invocation that doesn't result in a dylib or a binary,
that works in a similar way to add_excecutable?

cheers,
Tom