Turns out the problem was Macports.  Removing /opt/local/bin from my
path allows the software to build.  What external commands are used in
generating FundamentalType.h, because I bet it might be one of those
stupid gnu/darwin conflicts?

Should I file a bug that cmake can't build itself with Macports in its path?

You still have not answered what cmake you are using to build cmake from?

Please post the CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log files. Sounds like check type size is failing for some reason.

Also, you should post the whole output from running cmake.

-Bill