Hi all,

I tend to agree to this observation in general about CMake too.  I had to do a
lot of reading and experimentation to make it do what I wanted, even though at
the end of the day, the resulting CMakeList.txt file is very simple.

I do understand why this is so.  As can be seen by the type of requests on this
list and your responses to them, Cmake is supporting a LOT of different types
of projects and needs.

So while it won't be possible to reduce the number of commands and variables,
it would help to have better documentation -- with examples for each
 command and variable, examples for "typical" stuff people need, etc.  I had to
struggle even to do simple things like specifying custom compiler and linker
flags for Visual Studio and GCC.

Thanks and best regards - Alok