I have a cpp project with some lib targets and executables, which depends on the libs and the header files. I want to link the libs from my build/src tree and not the installed versions.

With this snip below from my CMakeFile.txt it works on my MacBook and cygwin after a make clean, but with MVS2005, it will always try to link the desD.lib and not the desD.dll?

Note: When I first build static libs and than change the option to shared libs without make clean,
           it find the static libs and use them what is not intended by me!
Q: is there a whay to control which libs are found (e.g.) only static or shared one?

AGENTPP_LIBRARY                  agent++
 AGENTXPP_LIBRARY                 agentx++
 BUILD_SHARED_LIBS                ON
 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX             /usr/local
 CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES
 CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET      10.5
 CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT                /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
 CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS         OFF
 DES_LIBRARY                      des
 SNMP_PP_LIBRARY                  snmp++
 USE_DOXYGEN                      OFF
 USE_LIBDES                       ON
 USE_PROXY_FORWARDER              ON

#----------------------
option(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS "Build shared libraries" ON)
option(USE_LIBDES "Use the provided libdes implementation" ON)

set( CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX "D" CACHE STRING "Postfix added to the debug version of libraries and executables" )

# add the libdes library?
if (USE_LIBDES)
  add_subdirectory (libdes)
find_library(DES_LIBRARY des HINTS ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/libdes NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
  if ("${DES_LIBRARY}" STREQUAL "DES_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND")
set (DES_LIBRARY "des" CACHE FILEPATH "path to the local des lib" FORCE)
  endif()
  include_directories ("${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/libdes")
  link_directories (${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/libdes)
  set (EXTRA_LIBS ${EXTRA_LIBS} ${DES_LIBRARY})
else (USE_LIBDES)
  find_library(CRYPTO_LIBRARY crypto)
  set (EXTRA_LIBS ${EXTRA_LIBS} ${CRYPTO_LIBRARY})
  add_definitions(-D_USE_OPENSSL)
endif (USE_LIBDES)

add_subdirectory (snmp++/src)
if (USE_LIBDES)