On 8/18/2010 1:40 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
2010/8/17 Orion Poplawski<or...@cora.nwra.com>:
On 08/17/2010 02:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
Hi,

On Tuesday 17 August 2010, Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'm contemplating updating the version of cmake in EPEL[1] 5 from 2.4.8
2.6.4
Why not go directly to 2.8.2 ?
I think there are no known regressions.
Out of my hands.  RHEL6 will ship with 2.6.4 and there needs to be a direct
upgrade path.
Then may be both can be proposed ?

If you want to avoid the "automatic 2.8" upgrade for "RHEL6"
compatibility reason
then providing an alternative cmake2-8 package may interesting?

CMake 2.6.4 is already more than 1 year old, which may be seen as a stability
advantage but now that 2.8.x is the maintained version providing both 2.6.4 and
2.8.x as an alternative package may be interesting
Yes, if there is demand a cmake28 package could be added. But I don't need one at this point.