Thank you David, my issue is solved.
It's because the SET( CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS ) inside CTest script has no effect ,
instead, I need to insert lines into

   SET (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "
   )

Also, I mistakenly override the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS in the root CMakeList.txt

Regards,
Joseph
On 08/25/2010 10:54 PM, hgc-01...@hkedcity.net wong wrote:
Hi, David , Thank you for your quick reply.

  I am so sorry to have missed this important detail :  cmake-2.6.4-7.el5.
  I am trying to get the coverage report by running  -S script,   the
  script basically
  works by  "ctest -D NighlyBuild,  ctest -D NightlyCoverage" ...

  I have noticed that the executable built by cmake does not generate
  any coverage
  files like ".gcof" .  But during compilation, it does show that it's
  compiling and linking with -fprofile-arcs and  -ftest-coverage.