Hello,

Suppose that I have a program (named "my-config") that is on the *NIX system path, and I have another version of the program (also named "my-config") in a sub-folder of the HOME directory.

How would I use the find_program() command to determine if the program exists, given the search directory? In other words, given a variable with the path to the program (CONFIG_EXECUTABLE_PATH), how do I force the find_program() command to search only in the path specified by that particular variable?

I've been trying to use the find_program() command with the NO_DEFAULT_PATH modifier, but this does not seem to be working, since cmake will only find the program on the *NIX system path:

find_program(CONFIG_EXECUTABLE NAMES my-config PATHS ${CONFIG_EXECUTABLE_PATH} NO_DEFAULT_PATH)

Alternately, must I simply set the path to the program using the following command?

set(CONFIG_EXECUTABLE, ${CONFIG_EXECUTABLE_PATH}/my-config)

Nicholas