Hi

I am experimenting with using CMake to replace our manually written gnu
makefiles on Linux. I have a couple of questions:

1) VERBOSITY

I would like to see the compiler command on the console when running make. I
know that one can run:

make VERBOSE=1

but that displays a lot of detail, for example:

make[1]: Entering directory ...

Is there a way that I reduce the commentary to just show the compiler commands?
For example:

/usr/bin/c++     -o CMakeFiles/Kernel.dir/ErrorHandler.cpp.o -c
/<mypath>/Kernel/ErrorHandler.cpp

2) COMPILER

As shown above, cmake is invoking:

/usr/bin/c++

I don't know what this tool is.  How can I specify to use /usr/bin/g++ ?

Best regards

David