Hi Michael

> set(SRCS a.c b.c d.c e.c)
>
> add_custom_command(OUTPUT ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/f.c
>   COMMAND ...
>   DEPENDS ${SRCS}
>   COMMENT "Generating f.c"
>   VERBATIM)
> list(APPEND SRCS ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/f.c)
>
> add_executable(main ${SRCS})

Thanks - that worked nicely.

Now I have another problem. I need to link to the Python libraries. So I
specify:

FIND_PACKAGE(PythonLibs REQUIRED)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH})

<snip>

message (${PYTHON_LIBRARY})
add_library( Kernel STATIC ${SRCS} )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Kernel ${PYTHON_LIBRARY})

The message shows:

/usr/lib64/libpython2.4.so

but this path does not appear in the link command so the build fails.

I am trying to build a static library so am worried why ${PYTHON_LIBRARY} is a
shared library.

By the way, is it normal CMake style to write CMAKE commands in upper or lower
case?

Can you help with these questions please?

BR

David