On 9/13/10 12:29 PM, David Aldrich wrote:
Hi

I have tried to set the output directory for my library as follows:

# set destination directory for LIBRARY target (i.e. libKernel.a)
set( CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ./_gnuRelease )

# build the Kernel static library
add_library(Kernel STATIC ${SRCS})

however, the library is being created in the source directory, not in the
directory I have specified.

Why is this please?

Best regards

David
I believe for static libraries, the variable
CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
is actually used. In any case, you might rather consider using "install(TARGETS" instead of setting the output directories, and then just (on the user-side) setting the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and doing a make install.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
Human-Computer Interaction Graduate Student

http://academic.cleardefinition.com/