On 9/29/2010 9:38 AM, elizabeta petreska wrote:
If I use such a script for comparing time stamps of input and output
files, I would need to rewrite every cmakelists.txt that uses
add_custom_command, and execute the needed commands only if input file
is older than output,or maybe I did not understand you idea with the
script.  This seems like a lot of mess for something that cmake should do.

Also is anybody experiencing this issue with vs2010 generator ?
Can anybody confirm that this is bug with vs2010 generator, and maybe
some workaround ?

One more observation:
This problem seems to happen only when the output file goes to
subdirectory in PROJECT_BINARY_DIR, in the example the subdirectory is
PROJECT_BINARY_DIR/$(ConfigurationName).

If I put the generated file to go straight under PROJECT_BINARY_DIR than
everything works ok. Also if I put the generated files to go under
PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR or its subdirectories everything works well.

Thanks

}/$(ConfigurationName)/
should use:
${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}