Hello everybody,

I come back with a question I asked yesterday but that I surely misformulated. In the meantime I turned around
the problem all the day but still without any results ...

I would like to build my project using ifort fortran compiler with a set of compiler flags different from the ones set by default by cmake in the "Windows-ifort.cmake" file of the distribution.

I was advised on the list to not introduce any specific compiler flags declaration in my CMakeLists.txt and to introduce in my Src directory a Compiler/Intel-Fortran.cmake file storing the following compiler flags I would like to be
the default ones:

   SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_INIT Release)
   SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_INIT "")
SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_DEBUG_INIT "/debug:full /check /traceback /nologo")
   SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL_INIT "/O2 /nologo /Qvec-report0")
   SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_RELEASE_INIT "/O2 /nologo /Qvec-report0")
SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO_INIT "/O2 /nologo /traceback /debug:full")

Now my CMakeLists.txt file starts with:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.2)
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR})
project(my_library Fortran)

Problem:
in doing so, cmake actually parses my Intel-Fortran.cmake file but all the variables stored in there are subsequently replaced by the values stored in "Windows-ifort.cmake" during the "project" call. This does not happen when using the G95 to build my project because none of these variables are set in the Windows-G95-Fortran.cmake file (and its dependancies).

Is that a known bug for intel fortran compiler ? Would you see any work-around or should I introduce in the CMakeLists a conditional for intel compiler breaking in that special case one of the cmake programming rules ? !

thanks for your help

Eric

--
Eric Pellegrini