Hello everybody,

I have a library that can be built for a use in different modes (console, window). It is made of two sets of files. The first one is common to the console/window building modes while the second set has to be be built with a slightly different compiler flags depending on the selected
building mode.

After many discussions here, I was advised to build a static library for the the files common to console and window building modes (e.g. common.a) and to build a second static library for the files depending on the building mode (e.g. console.a and window.a) linking the latter to the first one. I did it and ... it worked ! But what I would like is a little bit different. I would like my console.a (or window.a) library to contain the object files of the common.a library. Indeed something like 'ar cr console.a library.a'.

Would you have any idea ?

thank you

Eric

--