On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Adam J Richardson <fat...@crackmonkey.us>wrote:

> Could you guys have a chat with the Boost guys and fix the "future
> safety" of FindBoost.cmake somehow? Fiddling with ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS
> is really a pain on a build farm.

To implement this I think we would need wildcat version searching support
for find_library() and friends.  I had a proposal for this a while ago but
it didn't go anywhere nor did I ever implement it.

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8396

I suggested that support for searching for files or directories that match a
particular regex that describes a version number be added.  In other words,
you could try to find:

NAMES foo-([0-9])\.([0-9]) or
PATHS bar([0-9]+)

The module would be responsible of passing on the request to find the latest
version number that matches, or it could specify an absolute version to
find.  It would probably have to be an extended form of the find_library(),
find_path(), etc. commands.

--
Philip Lowman