Friday I upgraded my windows VS2008 and IVF111 machines to cmake 2.8.3. Over
the weekend they all failed to configure with fortran :
>-- Check for working Fortran compiler using: Visual Studio 9 2008  -- broken
>CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
>2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake:40 (MESSAGE):
>  The Fortran compiler "ifort" is not able to compile a simple test program.
>
>  It fails with the following output:
>
>   Change Dir: C:/autotest/HDF4CMake/tests/Monday-vs9/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
>

>  Run Build Command:c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com
>  CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec
>

>  Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 9.0.21022.8.
>
>  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp.  All rights reserved.

Include with this update was a 'MS Windows update' cycle as well. I will try
next to go back to 2.8.2 and try again.
Also, I could use some help on finding the cause.

Allen