Hello,

I would like the add the CMake approach for software generation to a project. My project example supports also other build tools. This has got consequences on the way how informations like version numbers are shared between these approaches.

The CMake tutorial describes components for the desired solution (in the section "Adding a Version Number and Configured Header File").
http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake_tutorial.html

I imagine to add a specific header file that will contain the shared data in the format of the source programming language. This will be a few C/C++ preprocessor definitions. Now I would like to know how to get these informations into CMake variables for further reuse. I would appreciate your advices.

Regards,
Markus