On 1/13/2011 4:49 PM, Nick Kledzik wrote:
On Jan 13, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
This is because Xcode provides no way to order static libraries as
far as I can tell, or to repeat them.   Also, no way to depend on a
static library or a file directly, forcing the makefile usage.
This may have changed, so, if you can so native Xcode projects that
can do the following we can change cmake:

- have a static library show up more than once on a link line
This is unnecessary.  Unlike most unix linkers, the Xcode linker
repeatedly iterators over all archives on the command line.  You
never need to add the same archive more than once on the command
line.

That was not true when I implemented this the first time. We have a test in CMake that counts on library ordering and it failed.

- be able to specify the order of static libraries on the link
line
The order that the libraries appear in the PBXFrameworksBuildPhase is
the order that they are passed to the linker.

OK, sounds good...

- be able to relink an executable when a static library that it
depends on is rebuilt.
This is normal behavior for the Xccde build system.  If one target
depends on the product of another target, the build system follows
the chain and builds everything needed for the target requested to be
built.

If you can get all the CMake tests to pass with these changes, I would be very happy to get rid of the extra stuff. It may have changed, but when I first did the implementation, it was required to do it the way it is. That said, I have not revisited this stuff since Xcode 1.5, so things may have changed for the better.

-Bill