On 08/10/2011 04:27 PM, Stephen Torri wrote:

LNK1104: cannot open file 'boost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_45.lib'
I have boost installed in C:\boost. The FIND_BOOST macro able to find
the installation headers and libraries I require. The only thing that is
different is that the directory has the Boost unit test framework named as:
C:\boost\lib\libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_45.lib
That name, libboost_unit_test...., is different from the expected name
of boost_unit_test...
I am at a loss as to why this is the case.

The difference between the version with the "lib" and the one without is that one is a static library and the other is an import library for a DLL.

That kind of error probably comes from the fact that Boost does auto-linking with MSVC and that the library you've selected with CMake does not match what the header expects.

In any case, the documentation of FindBoost covers this.