On 8/12/2011 3:17 PM, David Cole wrote:
Sounds like you're using "MSYS Makefiles" but then running make from a
non-MSYS shell.

I have tried the following msys shells.
sh.exe
rxvt.exe
mintty.exe

For all these shells the include directories with response files do not work. If I paste the content from the response files on the command line the -isystem include paths work. So my best guess is that this is not a MSYS Shell question but that GCC is a bit picky on the @file construction.

includes_CXX.rsp file with content: -isystem /usr/local/somepath/
fails : g++.exe @includes_CXX.rsp
ok : g++.exe -isystem /usr/local/somepath/

Thanks for your suggestion,

Peter.

ps. Generating "MinGW Makefiles" generates an error (sh.exe in path) if CMake is invoked from one these MSYS shells which is correct behaviour.