> I guess at the end of the day what you are talking about is a static code
analysis tool for the CMake language.  Those tools look at all possible
branches of code and try to detect errors.

What I would like to see at a minimum is a CMake Debugger showing a window
with the list of variables, not just the ones in the name/values dialog in
the GUI,  that an be searched when say CMake Errors out and dumps an error
to the output text field in the GUI.  This way I could see what all the
variables are in the active cmake file being parsed without having to
message them to the screen.

just going though the messages and found this recently.