Hi,

This is a long overdue followup.

On Dec 4, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Belcourt, K. Noel wrote:

On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:08 AM, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

You can configure this for your project:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8- docs.html#prop_tgt:STATIC_LIBRARY_FLAGS

STATIC_LIBRARY_FLAGS are passed to the archiver. On the Mac, I need to run ranlib after ar runs, and pass flags (-c) to ranlib. Another other ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks.

-- Noel

This doesn't seem to do what I want it to. In my CMakeLists.txt file I have this code.

ADD_LIBRARY(modules ${SRCS})
set_target_properties(modules PROPERTIES static_library_flags "-noel")

but my bogus option never appears anywhere, and I am creating a static archive library for this target. Also, it seems this flag is geared more to passing flags to ar, not to ranlib (at least there's been some discussion about using it to pass -X 64 to ar on AIX).

Note that I've also tried this approach.

  -D CMAKE_RANLIB:FILEPATH="/usr/bin/ranlib -c"

resulting in this error.

"/usr/bin/ranlib -c" libmodules.a
Error running link command: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Modules/libmodules.a] Error 2

Naturally omitting the quotes silently drops the -c option.

-- Noel