On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Tom Deblauwe <tom.debla...@traficon.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 build configurations for the same source code and I am generating
> visual studio 2005 projects. So for the first configuration I need different
> defines than for the second configuration. So I do like this:
>
> mkdir build1
> cd build1
> cmake -DPORT=bla ../source
> mkdir build2
> cd build2
> cmake -DPORT=foo ../source
>
> This generates 2 visual studio 2005 solutions, one in build1 and one in
> build2. Now there are two project files and two solutions and each has one
> configuration. However I am porting existing code and the old habit was that
> the two build configurations were in the same .vcproj and .sln file so you
> could easily switch between the two configurations in visual studio. Are
> there any cmake ways to make this happen, so to have one project with all the
> configs?

One option would be to use cmake to make a copy of yoru source files
to a destination in the binary directory; then build a sepeerate
project with the flags set appropriately, but still generate one
solution.  This lets different CFLAGS be defined per project, and use
the same sources;

something like....

FOREACH(SOURCE ${SACK_PLUSPLUS_SOURCES})
         EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND cmake -E copy_if_different
${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/${SOURCE} ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/${BASENAME}.cpp )
ENDFOREACH(SOURCE)