On 11/21/2011 9:23 AM, Robert Dailey wrote:
I think though that by default, no visual studio installations place the
install path in PATH in the environment. So if I'm remembering correctly
and that is true, what other means does it use? Does it use the registry
at all? If you could kindly describe the search path it uses that would
be very helpful. The only other way for me to figure this out is to skim
the source code, which would be very time consuming! Hopefully you can
save me some time :)

The logic can all be found here:

Modules/CMakeVS10FindMake.cmake

It is a very small file. Obviously needs a bit of work. It is finding devenv.com on your machine when it should not. We should most likely check the version of what is found. For the IDE PATH, LIB and INCLUDE are not used or required. PATH will be used if it finds devenv.com. In your case that is most likely what is happening.

If you had a machine with only VS 10 express it would have worked fine. :)

It is very hard to test things like this... :)

If you can tweak the CMake code in Modules/CMakeVS10FindMake.cmake and make it work on your machine, that would be great.

Thanks.

-Bill