I have a script that generates a revision.h file, I've spent the morning trying to figure out how to make it so that ... any time CMake rebuilds any of the other targets, it starts by running the make-new-revision script.

The idea is, I use the script manually to upversion, but anytime I type "make" and /anything/ has to be done (even just a relink), it will do the upversion first.

I've only managed to make it either source dependent or always build, which forces the versionNo file to recompile and forces all executables to relink, so if you type:

make ; make ... it will have to relink the executables the second time because of an pointless upversion :)

- Oliver