So yes this was with your try-out example, actually I can try to dig a little bit myself, the problem is that with gdb I need to have the debug symbols, thus recompiling in debug mode.

But nowhere in the Readme or around the code I found a way to do it (it would be very nice
to add maybe somewhere)..

I found only this in the Makefile which might be useful, but I'm sure there is a smarter way
to just install with the debug symbols..

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP=1

Thanks a lot,
Andrea