On 1/28/2012 10:51 AM, David Cole wrote:
Seems reasonable. Is anybody worried that changing the default values
of these flags would have a negative impact on any projects out there?
(i.e. is it likely that anybody relies on these flags being present
and that would somehow break their build without them...? I don't
think it's likely, but I'm willing to discuss before making a change
in CMake)

They were originally put in for VTK/ITK.  They would be the projects to try.

-Bill