On 2/1/2012 2:05 PM, Roland Schulz wrote:
what is the recommended Generator to compile on Windows with ICC on the shell?

If I try to use the Visual Studio 2010 (or 2008) generator

There is an open issue tracker entry requesting direct .icproj file generation:

  http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=6929

So far we've not had resources available to implement it.

If I try to use the NMake generator instead then I get:

The NMake generator is expected to work when CMake is run from a command
prompt with the proper environment configured.

src\gmxlib\CMakeFiles\gmx.dir\flags.make(5) : fatal error U1001: syntax error :
illegal character '-' in macro

Somehow the NMake generator uses dashes instead of slashes for options.

AFAIK most windows tools support either / or - for options.  In order
to diagnose this further I'd need to see the actual flags.make file
or line in question.

-Brad