Hi,

There is an existing project I have access to that already have CMake configuration file but the way it is written requires alot of preprocessing steps (python, shell etc) before it is usable.

I wanted to investigate a cleaner (truer to CMake original design purpose) usage of CMake,

So, I have an original-project directory which contains both the source and the CMakeLists.txt in a nested directory structure.

I want to create my own CMake hierarchy (structure the same way) but reference the source code in the original-project directory location.

How do I tell CMake to refer to source code at some other top level directory as a starting point.

    Is there such a concept in CMake ?

At the risks of confusing matter, my closest example would be something vaguely resembling VPATH

Regards

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5