On 02/23/2012 05:18 AM, Michael Hertling wrote:

There is a possibility to dynamically reconfigure/rebuild the project
without an intermediate manual step and in a way that you'll have one
target per egg, but that approach is disadvantageous in other regards
and possibly won't work with generators other than the Makefiles ones.

IMO, if you really need one target per egg, you should gather them at
configure time and accept the need to reconfigure the project by hand
when necessary. If one target per egg isn't a must-do, gather them at
build time and use a script - CMake, shell, whatever - to unzip them;
this can be done well in parallel also.

Regards,

What I could do to make it *really* idiot-proof also in my situation, is
to force a reconfiguration for every call.

I could for example add a target

add_target(reconfigure
  ${CMAKE_COMMAND} .
)

and make all the other targets depend on it.
So I'm sure that I never have to rerun cmake myself, how does that sound?