On 5/14/2012 2:26 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:
No one has anything to say about this?
    CMake seems to do more than just add them as general compiler flags,
    it seems to know exactly which attributes in the VCPROJ XML are
    mapped to their respective command line alternatives, and uses the
    appropriate ones. If this is true, why do we not have a dedicated
    target & source file property that I can use to enable precompiled
    headers instead of using these command line strings directly? Am I
    misunderstanding something?

Nothing magic going on. With VS 2010 and greater, there is a python script that creates a flag mapping table from MS xml:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmparseMSBuildXML.py;h=4877e5913436dcf117580db286566b4f9568fc20;hb=HEAD
cmparseMSBuildXML.py

So, nothing specific was done for pre-compiled headers. To have them work cross platform is very difficult because of the wide variety in API by the compilers out there.

-Bill