On 2012-10-15 21:46-0700 Daniel Russel wrote:

On Oct 15, 2012, at 9:35 PM, "Alan W. Irwin" <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:

On 2012-10-15 21:02-0700 Daniel Russel wrote:

I'm trying to get cross compilation of a simple library working to
build a windows library on a linux box using the visual studio
compilers.

I don't get it.  How can visual studio compilers execute properly on Linux?
Don't they need to be run on a Windows platform?
Using Wine. I probably should have mentioned it.

Actually you did right in the subject line, but my eyes
focussed on cross-compilation and just plain missed it.  :-)

And perhaps cross-compilation is not quite the right term. Is there a better
one?

I just call it building software on the Wine platform.

We have been using them to compile other projects built with scons.

That's cool that the visual studio compilers work with scons on the
Wine platform.  I think that and my good results with the Windows
version of CMake on Wine (albeit with a different Windows compiler) is
a pretty good indication that CMake + visual studio compilers will
probably work on the Wine platform for you as well.

Alan

Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science