Thanks guys, so it is not supported currently in cmake for whatever reasons.

>>That would require cmake to know about all source files which may or may
not be the case depending on your cmake rules
I am not quite familiar with how cmake works, but in premake, user who
write new rules is responsible for removing the file he generated, ex:
if _ACTION == 'clean'
    -- remove the files you generated
end

Anyway, I've already got my answer, and out-of-place approach is actually
enough for me.