Hi,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 03:14 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue14018
>
> Great, that is exactly this issue.
>
>> - I guess that explains it...  Hum, how frustrating to have to worry
>> about the bad symlink.
>
> Yes.  You'll have to fix them locally.  Thanks for reporting back.

I was probably thinking of the problem in the same way as you are,
which is: how can I make sure that the build works or fails gracefully
for someone else if they have the same problem?  There's some logic in
the python patches for that:

http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/f96579debefa/

Is it reasonable to check for this problem in cmake?  Or do you think
it is too rare to justify the workaround?  What proportion of cmake
runs will be on an affected system I wonder?

Best,

Matthew