Hi Bill, Alan,

here is some further information:

As the MSYS environment/shell is started with a batch file
that takes care of several options and using the set-up
batch file needed for MSVC/C++ can not be used in the
default MSYS shell, I have adapted the stock batch file (msys.bat in c:\mingw\msys\1.0) as follows:

rem At the start
rem Initialise the MSVC/C++ environment
call "c:\program files\MicroSoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86

rem Rest of the original batch file follows

This sets all the environment variables required for MSVC/C++ and then starts
the default MSYS shell.

Regards,

Arjen

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 09:31:37 +0100