I'm sorry but there is something wrong with my mail prog, please could somebody correct my mistake.

Thank you for your answers. But my question is more in general. There defintly some libraries, which don't provide environment variables or other variables for the cmake module. I forgot to mention that I already know the way to set some variables like BOOST_ROOT or whatever, sorry.

Also if I install the library to /usr/local the problem is the same. As long as there is a system installed library the command find_package will use this version, as far as I tested it. If there is no way like some special environment varibles or the possibility to force a special version, the system library is used. What I'm looking for is a way like it's done in configure scripts. I can use something like ./configure --use_boost=/home/test/boost_dir. Is there the possiblity to do something like this cmake --use_boost=/home/test/boost_dir. It should be very easy to extend the find_package command.

regards