On 9/10/2013 6:43 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
On 2013-09-10 17:38, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
First, I can create a demo directory and from there I can have a
cmakelists.txt per demo. Is there a way somehow to link to the generated
static library?

Sounds like you are looking for 'target_link_libraries'?

If I move the CXXFLAGS_DEBUG/etc to a higher level file, is there a way
to insure that it promotes down?

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a non-inheriting variable in CMake :-). There are global properties, but they're, well, global...

IOW, anything (scoped) you set in one scope is visible to all 'child' scopes, be they directories, functions, etc. So you don't need to do anything; it will happen automatically.

My final question is how to make the debug/release build work, as well
as to allow to let this install. I need to install libxlog.a and the
include directory
as well to includedir/xlog/*. Is there a typical method to do this?

See the 'install' command.

Awesome, thanks. I've found that actually, I should have been more specific. I need to figure out which directory the user wants them installed in. Is there a standard method for pulling that information?
Thanks,

--
Take care,
Ty