On Dec 8, 2013, at 4:05 PM, David Erickson <daviderick...@cs.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> On 12/8/2013 12:05 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> On Dec 8, 2013, at 3:18 AM, David Erickson <daviderick...@cs.stanford.edu>
>> wrote:

>>> Thanks Mike-
>>> I gave this a go and I can definitely build and see all my source, however
>>> Eclipse by default was very confused about where to find the source.  I
>>> read on the tutorial that when you run with VERBOSE=1 Eclipse should be
>>> capable of picking up all the include directories, however when I browse to
>>> Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols nothing was
>>> showing up, so pretty much everything in my source code was red.  I
>>> discovered to get this working you need to go to Project Properties ->
>>> C/C++ General -> Preprocessor Includes, and on the Providers tab enable
>>> "CDT GCC Build Output Parser" and "CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings".
>>> Afterward doing a clean/build, and re-index, and everything was resolving
>>> as expected.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> David
>>  If you put the VERBOSE=1 then Eclipse will parse the compile lines and
>> automatically find the include directories. So you need to setup the project
>> then try compiling at least once and Eclipse should find everything. I have
>> never had a problem with it finding includes except for OS X Frameworks.
>
> This is what I've done and it is not discovering paths/symbols properly.  A
> few questions for you:
> -When you created the Eclipse project did you pick a toolchain? IE GCC, or
> None?
> -Is there somewhere in your project settings that the discovered
> paths/symbols are being populated so you can see them?  If so, where?
> -Have you tried this with Eclipse Kepler?
>
> I'd love to get this solved.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hmm. I have not used CDT in a few years now and it looks like something has
changed. I tried Kepler and Helios neither of those automatically found the
include paths. At some point in the past it used to work. There is a CDT-devel
mailing list. You might try asking on there what happened to the feature.

Sorry for the false information

mike jackson