On 2014-04-16 06:03, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
Am 16.04.2014 11:39, schrieb Johannes Zarl:
Instead of ``"${var}" STREQUAL "VALUE"'', write:

IF ( var MATCHES "^VALUE$" )

NOOOOO, please don't! I try hard to kill all those as it requires
compiling a regular expression for a simple string match. Just change it
to something that is no valid variable name, i.e. will never get expanded:

if (" ${arg}" STREQUAL " TOTO")

set(" TOTO" "evil")

Admittedly it's much less likely that variable names containing non-identifier characters¹ will occur "by accident", the only truly safe way to avoid unintended implicit expansion is to either rely on implicit expansion (i.e. always assign your operands to variables and give the variable names as the literal arguments), or use some other command that doesn't perform expansion.

(¹ except for '-', which will often occur in automatically created variable names when used in project names, e.g. my-project_SOURCE_DIR.)

See also http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/9936.

--
Matthew