From: CMake [mailto:cmake-boun...@cmake.org] On Behalf Of Bill Hoffman
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 10:17 AM
To: cmake@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] cmake 2.8.12.2 fails on AIX 6.1 with "ld: target noipath
not found"

On 5/1/2014 12:30 PM, Graham Russell wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed cmake 2.8.12.2 on AIX 6.1 with the intention of building
> MySQL.  The build fails so I tried to cmake the simplest test program,
> and I get the same failure.
>
> The error is  "ld: target noipath not found"
>
> It seems to me that "noipath" is a directive to the linker, so the
> linker should not be looking for a target called noipath.
>
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham Russell

This is not a CMake problem.  Your compiler install is bad.

CMake is testing the compile of a very simple .c file and it is not work.

I suspect that a simple program like this:

int main() { return 0;}

will not compile and link with the /usr/local/bin/gcc on your system.

Create the above file and try to compile it without cmake and just gcc.
  It should get the same error.  I would suggest that you reinstall gcc on the
machine.

-Bill