Hello Christer,

Zitat von Christer Solskogen <christer.solsko...@gmail.com>:

Hi!

I have a cross compiler, installed into /opt/cross, which is compiled by me. This cross compiler (gcc) is sysroot aware, which means that every header and library is installed into /opt/cross/<target>.

In order to get cmake to find SDL (both SDL1 and SDL2) I need to specify SDLDIR. The project I'm using (called hatari, a Atari ST(e) emulator) is also using other libraries like readline and png, which cmake have no problem finding.

Is this a bug in cmake? Right now the cmake version I'm using is 2.8.12.2, but this problem have been there since I can remember.

in order to help you, I need more information. If I understand you correctly, you do not want to set the environment variable SDLDIR. Instead, you expect the FindSDL module to find SDL without that information. Is that correct? Please give some more information about your installation. In which path exactly is SDL located (where is "SDL.h", where is "libSDL.a" or "libSDL.so")?

Kind regards
Benjamin