On 9/11/2014 7:04 AM, Ravi Raman wrote:
Yes. That's correct David. I was actually looking for an explanation
why the object file name is coming with the suffix .cpp.obj instead
of the conventional .obj. It was kind of a problem for me because the
object file comparison tool uses the object file name as the
reference for object file comparison.

The reason is to assure that we have unique names for the object files. Imagine a project that had main.c main.cxx and main.F90. They could not all go to main.o. Instead of having to search for duplicates like that and special case them, CMake uses a consistent and unique name for the object files. Really old CMake used to create main.o and issues like this showed up.

-Bill