From: David Cole [mailto:dlrd...@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 03:37
To: alexey.petruc...@gmail.com; Gilles Khouzam
Cc: cmake@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] Get Visual Studio target Arch

> I still cant really make some arch specific ifdefs in my cmake scripts
> using this approach.

That's the point of a multi-configuration, multi-architecture Visual Studio
solution: you defer choosing the configuration *and* the architecture until
build time.

No "CMake time" decisions are possible based on the configuration or the
architecture with this approach because neither is known until compile time.

It is inappropriate to "choose the configuration or architecture" in CMake code
with this approach, and you should re-think about it and see if you can make
compile time decisions instead, possibly with #ifdef sections in your C/C++
code...

Rather than re-organize your libraries, you could easily just use
"win32/libs/$(Platform)" as your value when using the VS generators, and this
should work.

By the way, Gilles, I echo the sentiment: nice work! I wish MS had gotten
involved in CMake even earlier... but welcome!

HTH,
David C.