On 9/16/2015 2:06 PM, Greg Marr wrote:
This part here is inaccurate, at least with the current CMake and
Visual Studio: "To set the flag you will have to edit the CMake cache
with the cmake-gui and add it to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS and the
CMAKE_C_FLAGS."

This is all we do in the CMake file that we include in all our
projects: add_compile_options(/MP$ENV{NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS})

If you don't have a NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS environment variable, you
just get /MP.

The oversubscription part is still true, but I've never seen randomly
bad object files.

I was writing it from the point of view of NOT having to edit the project. Seems like more of a per build decision to me. As there could be issues, the most reliable way to build is to not use /MP which is why CMake does not just do this by default. So, I would not want to recommend that projects make it a default. But, you can change the flags either by editing the CMakeLists.txt files or by editing the CMakeCache.txt file to change the flags in the build.

-Bill