Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think I may be stuck having to learn cmake because several software libraries that I am starting to use build with cmake.

Based on the feedback, for no I'll pass on the book and see what I can do by reading online.

One of the things that seems to me to be missing is some kind of quick description of the overall "theory of cmake". I am a top-down kind of person, so I really dislike being left with nothing but "here, type this in" which is what a lot of the web stuff seems to be. A sketch of how it works conceptually would help me. (Of course, I need examples too.)

Just sayin'.

Best,

- Jake -