From: CMake <cmake-boun...@cmake.org<mailto:cmake-boun...@cmake.org>> on behalf
of Adam Rankin <aran...@robarts.ca<mailto:aran...@robarts.ca>>
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:51 AM
To: "cmake@cmake.org<mailto:cmake@cmake.org>"
<cmake@cmake.org<mailto:cmake@cmake.org>>
Subject: [CMake] [Visual Studio] Is it possible to specify a different target
architecture?

Hello all,

I am wondering if there exist CMake commands/variables to specify for Visual
Studio to have the project file(s) generated target a different architecture
than the one associated with that version of Visual Studio.

For example, I develop in VS2015, but would like to target the VS2012
redistributable (v110).

Add the command line parameter `-T v110`

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake.1.html

-T <toolset-name>

Specify toolset name if supported by generator.

Some CMake generators support a toolset name to be given to the native build
system to choose a compiler. This is supported only on specific generators:

Visual Studio >= 10
Xcode >= 3.0

See native build system documentation for allowed toolset names.