Hello Roman,

directories are added automatically to the directories.wxs file if you use the
install() command in cmake and set the DESTINATION to some subfolder:

install(FILES <myfiles>
        DESTINATION "my/sufolder/path")

To add completely new directories I'd suggest to use CPACK_WIX_EXTRA_SOURCES
and use a <DirectoryRef> element where you can place your new directories in.
Untested example how to add a directory (not sure if it works exactly like
this):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
  <Fragment>
   <DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">
      <Directory Id="my_dir_id" Name="my_dir"/>
  </DirectoryRef>
  </Fragment>
</Wix>

I'm not sure if patching of <Directory> elements is possible/implemented in
cpack and I believe using the extra sources mechanism is more convenient.

PS: if you want to use the CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE nevertheless and you have many
framents to patch, CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE also accepts a list of filenames so you
can split up your patches in an arbitrary number of files.

best regards,
Michael